16 July 2010

To tweet or not to tweet


That is the question.

See, I've become a lot more active on my Twitter of late, mainly coz I'm getting pretty bored of Facebook and mainly coz I'm trying new angles of meeting people in industry who i can network with to maybe find a new job, it's 2010, this is the way people network these days, so I'm told.

Anyway, I've also decided to try something new, to improve my writing skills, more specifically my comedy writing, which is something I've been able to do verbally, but not write stuff down and actually BE funny.

Now i know what you're thinking, "how hard can it be to write something funny?" it is among the most difficult things I've ever attempted to do in the entire time I've been writing. 

So i started thinking about my life and the world around me and what makes me laugh on a daily basis, and it hit me, there are things we all find funny, but that we never notice as being universally funny.

Like when someone is running for the train you're on, and they're at full speed, and you're sitting there thinking to yourself, he's never gonna make it, and JUST as he gets to the train, the doors go, "beep beep beep beep beep beep, pshhhhhhhh" and they slam shut in his face, to me that's hilarious, and I've brought this up with friends, and everyone has their own story of when it happened to them, and when they watched it happen to someone else, and so that's what i started writing about, everyday moments of hilarity, hence my tips for summer 2010

Now, I've also started hopping on Trending Topics or #TT's as they're called in the Twitterverse, and again, I've been getting good feedback on my tweets, some of the tweets I haven't been actively trying to be funny, it's just me mad at the world for things that need to stop, thanks to everyone who found my tweets funny, I appreciate you all.

Now I'm faced with a dilemma, in the name of comedy, how far do I go?

I mean they're only tweets right, and tomorrow they'll be forgotten but now it's like whenever a new #TT comes up, I have this almost overwhelming urge to go farther than I've been before, maybe that's a good thing, pushing my imagination into the farthest corner of my ever-expanding mind to create something out of nothing in 140 characters.

which leads me to my last intrapersonal question "What would Richard do?"

"whatever the fuck make the people laugh, say that shit" Richard Pryor

No comments:

Post a Comment