25 August 2009

The Alchemist




“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. .”


It's a quote from The Alchemist, my favourite book, if you've never read it, you should, its amazing. Reno told me about the book, and he gave me his copy to read, have you ever read a book and you were just silent after reading it, thats the kinda book The Alchemist is. I gave Raf his book back, and i bough my own copy, funnily i gave my copy to a woman on the train, she was crying, i don't know what for, but for whatever reason it was, i just thought she needed to read the book, never seen her since, but hopefully one day i will. I'm not gonna tell you what the book's about, or why i gave her the book, but if you read it, you'll know exactly why i did what i did I've actually never bought another copy of it since then, well, that's a lie, i have, i bought a friend of mine it for her birthday, and she still hasn't read it, which is cool, because each in their own time right?


Recently i went to my first ever Indie/Rock gig, (Bloc Party supported by The Foals) i like the music alot, but i had no clue what to expect from a live show, but i wanted to experience it, and my good friend Dardan i have to thank for inviting me, because it was actually one of the best gigs i've ever been to, ever...


I think what i'm trying to get at is this, sometimes the most amazing of things comes from the most unlikely of sources, and that if we're too scared to go out and experience new things and meet new people, then we'll never get to realise our dream.. "and no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream"

No comments:

Post a Comment