25 August 2009

Leave me alone, but comment on my status please.

I had this girl leave me a voice mail at work, so I called her at home, and then she emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to her mobile, and she poked me on facebook but added me to her top 8 on myspace and tweeted that she just met someone amazing, and now I just have to go around checking all these different portals just to figure out if she's around next week for drinks.
ok, maybe that didn't happen, but it's not inconceivable, in the age where it's getting harder and harder to get some time to yourself, when you eventually do, you're sharing it with the world.
i have, a phone, two numbers, two emails, a facebook, a twitter, a myspace, msn, this blog and skype, all of which i use and are active parts of my life.

i know people who are much much worse than i am, seemingly addicted to sharing their life with others, addicted to wall posts, pokes, tweeting, notifications blah blah blah, u knwo how it is.
i think it's kinda sad, mainly because it's killing our people skills and face to face communication, i gave up my facebook for 3 months because i had to focus on university and just keep my head in the books, peoples responses had me worried about our society, met with anger, confusion and curiosity, my de-facebooking was a topic of discussion, am i the only one wo finds it peculiar that a simple internet profile is what people will judge you on.

Multinational organisations have a facebook, TV shows have a twitter all to get in the know about their audiences under the guise of being, one of "them".
it's got to stop, but it doesn't seem to be any time soon, so i shall ride the wave and just see where it takes us
signing out, logging off, hanging up, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment